Do you need to surrender your Frenchie? We understand how hard the decision is and how much you love them. What happens after you fill out the form?
- Our Board will look over the form and contact you with any questions.
- We will begin looking for a foster home. It is very important that you tell us honestly what is going on as this will ensure the absolute best placement.
- Once a foster home is found, we will contact you. We will discuss the home with you and listen to your needs, the dog’s needs, and any questions you have about the home. Our goal is the right home.
- We will make arrangements to pick up your dog. Usually we come to your home but we are always able to meet at the local coffee shop as well.
- Once at foster, the dog will be fully vetted. While we have your complete medical records, we always have our vets do additional testing. This way, we know if something else is going on and it is a good relationship building for the dog. We also evaluate behavior in public and at the vet.
- Behavior evaluations are performed. If needed, our trainer meets at the foster home with the dog.
- We take care of any medical and behavior needs. The dog is 100% healthy before being made available for adoption. If the dog is special needs, we have a treatment plan (Pt, acupuncture, etc) in place for the adoptive home. If needed, the trainer will also go with the dog to the new home.
- Our fosters have right of first refusal – meaning if they want to adopt and they are the right home, they have the option to adopt before we make the dog available. This is why we are so careful about a foster home. We don’t like to move dogs more than needed. If they find a furever home with their foster, we want them to stay and be happy.
- If the foster is a “foster only”, they will write up the bio for the dog and we will make them available.
- Like our foster homes, adoptive homes must be perfect. We do reference checks, home checks, ask for personal essays on why their home is perfect for that dog (NOT why the dog is perfect for their home), etc.
- Please check our foster policy to see what more happens while in foster: Foster Policy
- If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
Do you need to surrender a dog? Please fill out the form here and a representative will contact you . Surrender Form At intake, you will be asked to sign the agreement. Please read it and let us know if you have any questions. Blank Surrender Agreement
You MUST email us pictures to get the process started.